Free Driving Theory Test Practice 2021
Are you one of the many teens or young adults having a hard time focusing when studying the Highway Code? If so, try Zutobi Drivers Ed. We’ve summarised and improved the entire Highway Code to make it much easier to read and understand.
You can also try our FREE Driving Theory Mock Tests that simulate the real thing. See what you do right and what you need to improve on. We licence Mock Test Questions directly from DVSA so you can study with over 700 up-to-date questions that may come on your actual theory test.
Get Zutobi’s App and Ace Your Driving Theory Test On The First Try
Zutobi is the true all-in-one app for your driving theory test prep:
- You’ll learn even the trickiest driving situations through hundreds of real-life illustrations.
- You’ll get the driving tips and instructions you usually only get from expensive driving instructors.
- Gamifies the learning experience with badges, achievements, points, and much more.
- The bite-sized chapters make it easy to study just a few minutes each day and still make great progress.
- Replaces the Highway Code.
- Contains all the Official Theory Mock Tests & DVSA Questions you need to ace your exam.
- Track your progress and weak areas using detailed statistics.
- Get instant feedback and explanations when there’s something you don’t understand.
- Study on iOS, Android, or on the Zutobi website.
Download the Zutobi app today to make sure you’ll do great on your driving theory test.
Is Passing the Driving Theory Test Hard?
It depends whether you come prepared and if you’ve studied effectively or not. The national pass-rate is about 50%, but many who fail have just glanced through the Highway Code instead of reading it from cover-to-cover repeatedly. Another common mistake is to use old resources to prep for the theory test.
If you practice using Zutobi, you got nothing to worry about. We help you learn all the information you need to ace the Driving Theory Test in a clear, concise manner. With us, you improve your chances of not just passing your driving theory test, but knocking it completely out of the park!
What Is It Like to Drive in the United Kingdom?
- The amount of road traffic accidents in the United Kingdom is at its lowest on record, and down 31% since 2009.
- Government spending on roads and road safety precautions reached £10,94 billion in 2019/2020.
- The Government is actively promoting a culture of road safety to reduce casualties.
- There are still many people injured or killed each year on roads in the United Kingdom
- 25,959 serious injuries in road traffic accidents were reported to the police in 2019.
- 150,158 casualties of all severities in road traffic accidents were reported to the police in 2019.
- 1,752 people were killed in reported road traffic accidents in 2019.
How Many Questions Are on the Theory Test?
The driving theory test consists of two parts: 50 multiple-choice questions and 14 hazard perception videos.
To pass, you must:
- Answer at least 43 questions correctly on the multiple-choice section
- Get 44 points out of 75 on the hazard perception section
Take Our Free Mock Theory Tests Today
Take our FREE mock theory test to test your knowledge and find out where you stand. If you still need help, we highly recommend practising using our up-to-date Driving Theory Prep course to learn all you need fast, cheap and easy!
UK Driving Theory Test - Frequently Asked Questions
How Is the Theory Test Structured?
The theory test is comprised of two parts:
- The multiple-choice questions
- Hazard perception
You need to pass both sections to get a passing grade on the exam.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Take the Theory Test?
Generally, you must be at least 17 years old to take the driving theory test. You can even take it on your 17th birthday if you’re in a hurry. Remember that a provisional licence is mandatory to sit the test.
Who Administers the Test?
The Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) is in charge of the practical driving tests as well as the driving theory tests. Although the theory tests are handled by a third-party on behalf of the DVSA.
All Mock Tests used by Zutobi are licenced directly from DVSA.
Where Can You Book Your Driving Theory Test?
If you’ve practiced enough and feel ready to book your theory test, you can do it here. But before booking your test, make sure to thoroughly read through the Highway Code and test your knowledge with online mock theory tests.
You can also book by phone (Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 4 pm): 0300 200 1122
How Long Is the Theory Test?
The entire test is 57 minutes long, and you can take a 3-minute break before the hazard perception section. Before the test starts, you will get instructions about how the test works.
What Do I Need to Bring to the Theory Test?
You must bring your UK photocard driving licence to the test centre, and if you have a Northern Ireland licence, you must bring your paper counterpart licence and photocard. Your test will be cancelled unless you take the right things with you.
What Happens After You’ve Passed the Test?
You’ll receive a pass certificate number at the test centre, which you use to book your driving test. You have 2 years to pass your practical driving test, otherwise, you’ll have to re-take your theory test.
COVID-19 Restrictions (Temporary)
At the time of writing (December 2020), you must cancel your test if:
- you have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- someone you live with has coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- you’ve been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
You can change your theory test appointment here free of charge.
Furthermore, you must wear a face mask during the test except in very special circumstances. If you cannot wear a face mask, you must notify the test centre for approval, or your test will be cancelled.