Free Texas Permit Practice Tests 2021
Texas teens and adults can now ace their driver’s permit test with ease through Zutobi’s proven and easy-to-use course.
Would you like to ace your permit test without having to spend hundreds of hours reading and re-reading the Texas driver’s handbook? If you do, you’re in luck because Zutobi took the effort and hassle out of studying for your test by condensing all of the material you need to know into one convenient course.
With Zutobi, the entire process of learning traffic laws, road signs, and more for your Texas permit test is streamlined. Everything you’ll need to know is broken down into bite-size pieces that make studying for your permit test a breeze.
Once you sign up with Zutobi, you improve your chances of getting 100% on your Texas permit test without having to worry about anything else.
Ace Your Texas Permit Test With Zutobi
Zutobi’s course allows you to:
- Have all of the knowledge you’ll need to know at your fingertips with our summarized Texas driver’s handbook.
- Onboard everything through pictures, illustrations, and other visuals to understand traffic laws, road signs, and tricky driving situations.
- Access hundreds of questions based on real past and present Texas learner’s permit tests.
- Apply your knowledge on Texas DPS practice tests that simulate the actual permit test.
- Learn from your mistakes — when you take our practice tests, an explanation of the correct answer comes with every multiple choice question.
- Have fun while learning. Get points, achievements, and badges as you level up and complete lessons.
- Become the family authority on safe, legal driving as your knowledge and confidence grow.
- Join the 95% of Zutobi customers to pass their learner’s permit test on the first try.
- Use our app or website to study anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
- Save both time and money by not having to retake the exam.
Is the Texas DPS Written Test Hard?
Any test will be difficult if you don’t study effectively. Only 50% who sit the test nation-wide will pass, and the Texas written test is no different.
Due to how many fail the test even after completing driver’s education, a lot of Texas teens use Zutobi as a test prep to make sure they pass. We strongly encourage that you at least do a read-through of our road rules section, even if you have taken another driver’s education.
How Many Questions Are on the Permit Test?
The Texas written test has 30 multiple choice questions, and you’ll need to answer 70% (21 of 30) of questions correctly to get a passing score.
What Is It Like To Drive In Texas?
The LoneStar state has 679,917 lane miles of roads — the most of any state — so suffice it to say that there are a lot of cars out on the roads. Here are some driving statistics for the state of Texas.
- While DUI rates in Texas are still alarmingly high, the state saw improvement in this area in 2018. It’s well below the national average of DUI arrests (330 per 100,000 people) with 259.6 arrests per 100,000.
- The percentage of Texans with a speeding ticket is lower than the national average: 9.36% compared to the national average of 11.67%.
- Only 11.14% of Texans have an ‘At-fault’ accident on their record, compared to the national average of 12.46%.
- Careless drivers speeding, using their phones, and driving recklessly cause a Texas car accident every 57 seconds.
- According to the website Your Mechanic, Texas has the fifth least skilled drivers in the country.
- According to AAA, in 2020, 72% of teen drivers ages 16 to 18 admitted to engaging in at least one of the following risky behaviors in the past month: texting (35%), driving without a seatbelt (17%), and going 10 mph over the speed limit on residential streets (47%).
- The Lone Star State averages 1.40 people killed per 100 million vehicle miles driven.
- In 2018, Texas had 12.7 total vehicle-related fatalities per 100,000 drivers.
- According to AAA, 750 people were killed in Texas in crashes involving teen drivers over the past ten years (2010-2020) during the ‘100 Deadliest Days’ from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
See Why Thousands Use Zutobi To Ace Their DPS Permit Test
We understand what a hassle studying for your permit test was with the dense, hard-to-read handbook. That’s why we streamlined the entire process and actually made it enjoyable.
Our course works for all types of learners and because all the information is broken into small, bite-sized pieces, you won’t have to worry about remembering long paragraphs of facts. Best of all, we made the entire process gamified so it’s possible to have a blast while retaining the knowledge for your Texas permit test. At Zutobi, we take pride in generating safe, responsible, and knowledgeable drivers — 95% of whom pass their permit test on the first attempt.
Take Our Free Texas DPS Practice Test Now
Try a FREE Texas practice permit test now! And hey, if you don’t score as well as you’d like, we built an entire course to help.