Free Iowa Permit Practice Tests
Would you like to ace your Iowa permit test without ever needing to crack the driver’s handbook again? If so, you should download the Zutobi app to your device. Our state-of-the-art app condenses the text-heavy explanations and leaves only the relative traffic laws, road signs, and terms like “parallel park” and “blind spots” that you need to know.
With Zutobi’s app, the whole process of studying for your learner’s permit is simplified. Everything you’ll need to know to not only pass but ace your Iowa permit test is right there in the palm of your hand. This engaging and innovative way of studying hinges on the principle that people learn better when they have fun. That’s why we added a gaming feature to our app, so you can climb levels by earning points and beat your friends while learning all the traffic signs and safe driving skills.
It’s perhaps no surprise that 95% of Zutobi users pass the written test on the first attempt. Come join the thousands of teens just like you to pass their permit test with Zutobi and never slog through the driver’s manual again.
Use Zutobi’s App to Ace Your Iowa DMV Written Test
With Zutobi’s engaging, innovative, and best of all, fun, app, you can:
- Easily commit Iowa traffic laws, road signs, and defensive driving skills to memory with our engaging format while you tell your dad that he just made an illegal lane change.
- Earn points, level up, and compete with friends on the road to acing your permit test.
- Take our Iowa practice permit tests from past and present. Each of our permit practice tests explains how to answer the questions correctly, so you’ll have the ability to learn from your mistakes.
- Pass your Iowa permit test the first time (95% of Zutobi customers do).
- Earn a passing score without ever having to lift the Iowa driver’s handbook again.
Is Passing the Iowa DOT Permit Test Hard?
It all depends on your level of preparation. Nationally, it’s estimated that about half of the teens who take the permit test don’t pass it the first time, even if they study with the driver’s handbook. If you’re counting on studying the old-fashioned way, you might join the half who don’t pass their first time.
By downloading Zutobi’s app, you’ll have all the tools you need to study and study effectively. Navigate seamlessly through our platform and enjoy studying for your Iowa permit test for once.
What Is It Like To Drive In Iowa?
- According to a study done by Wallethub, Iowa ranked #1 overall as the best place to drive in the country.
- Iowa ranked fourth lowest in % rush-hour traffic congestion, ninth in cost of vehicle ownership & maintenance, and eighth in traffic & infrastructure.
- According to a study done by Insurify, 23.2% of Iowa drivers have been cited for speeding in the last seven years, more than any other state.
- Iowa has fewer police officers, per capita than any other state out of the top ten most lead-footed states. There are only about 5,200 officers, or 1.70 officers for every thousand persons, in the state as of 2018.
- Iowans received a D grade when it comes to being courteous drivers, according to a Kars4Kids.org report done through the summer of 2017. The state also received an F for not letting other cars merge in front and for poor use of turn signals.
- The Iowa Department of Transportation states that 336 people died on Iowa roads in 2019.
- In 2018, Iowa saw 85 alcohol-impaired fatalities. Drivers under the age of 21 made up 14 of those 85 deaths.
- From 2013-2017, 80 teen drivers died on the roads in Iowa. That’s 1.15 average annual fatalities per 10,000 licensed drivers age 19 or younger.
Take Our Free Iowa Practice Permit Tests Now
The written test consists of 35 multiple-choice questions. A passing score on the Iowa permit test is 28 out of 35 (80%). Go ahead and take one of our FREE Iowa DMV practice tests, and apply your knowledge! Our permit practice test will show your right and wrong answers so you can check your answers in real-time.
If you find you didn’t do as well on your free DMV practice test as you would have liked, there’s actually great news. We built an exciting and interactive app that will help you do better next time!