Free New York Permit Practice Tests
At Zutobi, we’ve created a one-of-a-kind driver’s training app complete with sample permit tests. Through scientifically proven learning practices, a state-of-the-art interface, and comprehensive learning materials, we’ve dramatically improved your ability to ace your New York DMV learner’s permit test. Find out what thousands of other teens just like you have discovered in our sleek yet simple app.
Let’s be honest—the New York driver’s handbook is long, dense, and difficult to understand. There’s a reason that nationally over half of students fail their permit test on the first attempt. That’s why we took everything that’s in that manual and broke it down into bite-sized and easy-to-understand sections. With our app, you’ll onboard all of the knowledge you’ll need to ace your New York permit test in a way that’s fun and engaging.
Ace Your Permit Test
Our app removes the text-heavy hassle of the driver’s handbook, leaving a simple, streamlined, fun path to scoring 100% on your DMV learner’s permit test. With our app at your fingertips, we’re confident you’ll know the New York traffic laws by heart.
Zutobi’s app allows you to:
- Learn in a fun and easy format, instead of wading through the DMV driver’s manual.
- Master road signs, passing rules, right of way, and other elements of safe driving.
- Apply your new knowledge with practice exams, and easily identify and fix any areas you don’t understand.
- Study on multiple devices and operating systems for complete convenience.
- Stay engaged while you study—with points, levels, and competition with friends, learning can be fun!
- Track progress from chapter to chapter and confidently notify your mom that she just made an illegal turn.
- Take our permit practice test which simulates the real exam, and check your answers. Every question on our practice permit tests comes with a detailed explanation of the correct answer so you can understand any mistakes you made.
- Join the 95% of Zutobi’s users to pass their New York learner’s permit test on the first attempt.
- Save time, money, and brain cells by studying for your permit test right the first time.
Permit Test Giving You Nightmares? With Zutobi, There Is Nothing to Fear
The New York DMV learner’s permit test consists of 20 multiple-choice questions. Of them, you must get a score of 70% (14 out of 20) to pass, and you have to correctly answer a minimum of two of the four questions about road signs. While the permit test isn’t long or overly complicated, some parts can be tricky if you haven’t studied or haven’t studied effectively.
What Is It Like To Drive In New York?
When driving in the Empire State you will encounter a range of terrain, roads, and traffic depending on where you are. From big cities to country roads, New York is as diverse a place to drive as any. Here are some facts:
- Despite having a reputation for aggression (ahem New York City), New York’s national ranking for driver’s safety is surprisingly high.
- One report ranked the Empire State as having the third-best drivers overall.
- New York has the fewest drunk driving issues of any state.
- New York is ranked low for ‘Cost of Car Ownership & Maintenance’ according to a study done by WalletHub.
- New Yorkers ranked 19th for careless driving.
- New York ranked highest among all 50 states in ‘Traffic Fatality Rate,’ fourth in ‘Car Theft Rate,’ and third in ‘Most Auto-Repair Shops per Capita’ according to another study.
- Auto insurance in Brooklyn is the highest in the state at about $800 per month.
- In 2018, 242 pedestrians and 46 cyclists were killed in auto accidents in New York City, a rate of 1.2 pedestrians and 0.2 bikers per 100,000 people.
- 10,966 people were seriously injured in crashes in 2018.
See Why Thousands of Teens Like You Trust Zutobi To Ace Their Permit Test
Ever since we started out in 2018 we knew we had something special. As our happy customers will attest, we’ve taken the long, hard, and frustrating process of studying for your permit test and made it short, easy, and best of all, fun! We know that we’ve reached our goal of making a driver’s training app that people love and can’t wait for you to love it too.
With the Zutobi app, you’ll quickly become an expert on road signs, passing rules, and everything else you need to know to ace your permit test.
Take Our Free New York Permit Practice Test Now
Our permit practice test will show you whether you get each question right or wrong, so you can see how you’re doing in real time.