Free Washington Permit Practice Test
“How can I pass my permit test in Washington?” It’s the question many new drivers in The Evergreen State ask when they sit down to the Washington driver’s handbook to study for their test. The problem is, the handbook may not be the best way to earn a passing score on test day. Driver’s manuals tend to be overwhelming and, frankly, boring—not the ideal way to study.
If you’re a new driver in Washington, and you’re familiar with the daunting feeling you get from staring at the pages of the manual, there is a better, more productive tool to use. A tool that allows you to stay engaged in what you’re learning and helps you ace your Washington permit test the first time.
This tool is called Zutobi, and it’s our online driver’s education platform that has transformed the process of learning to drive. Rather than flipping through a dull driver’s manual, you can learn material (like road signs and their meanings, the proper technique involved in changing lanes, and state traffic laws) in bite-sized pieces that are easy to learn and remember.
Zutobi offers useful visuals alongside the written material, as well as Washington DOL permit practice tests to test your knowledge before the real thing.
Ace Your Washington Permit Test with Zutobi
With Zutobi, 95% of our customers report passing the first time they take their permit exam. In comparison, less than 50% of people overall pass their test on their first try. Here’s how Zutobi can help you ace your Washington DOL permit test.
- First thing’s first, forget all about the Washington driver’s handbook with our gamified approach to driver’s ed.
- Learn all things driving-related, like road signs, rules of the road, and safe driving skills, in order to both pass your permit exam and become the world’s best (or worst) backseat driver to your parents.
- Put your knowledge to the test before the real thing with our Washington permit practice tests.
- Check your answers and learn from your mistakes with answers and explanations to every multiple choice question on the practice tests.
Is the Washington Permit Test Hard?
Like any written exam, that depends on how well you’ve prepared. Zutobi offers Washington DOL practice permit tests with questions taken from current and past Washington state permit tests. If you use these to study, along with the other materials we offer, acing your exam can be easier than you think — something we can’t say for those who stick to the driver’s manual.
How Many Questions Are on the Permit Test in Washington?
There are 40 questions on the Washington DOL permit test, 32 of which you need to answer correctly to pass and get your learner’s permit. However, the reality of driving in Washington state can look a lot different than it does on paper. Here are some Washington driving statistics that are good to know.
- Washington is one of few states that completely ban the use of wireless devices while driving, including hands-free devices; making it illegal to talk on the phone or send/receive a text message while driving.
- The varied landscape in Washington provides heaps of scenic drives that are all accessible by vehicle. These drives await you and your shiny new learner’s permit once you ace your test.
- In 2018, there were 2,231 people who suffered serious injuries from a car accident in Washington.
- In 2019, there was a total of 111,449 traffic accidents in Washington, 15,382 of which were teen-driver accidents.
- Of the total crashes in 2019, 7,381 were drunk-driving accidents and 10,450 were distracted-driver accidents.
- In 2018, there were 541 traffic fatalities in Washington, 67 of which involved drivers 20 years old or younger.
- Although there was a decrease in traffic fatalities between 2018-2019, 506 people were still killed on Washington roadways in 2019.
Try Our FREE Washington DOL Permit Practice Test
Test your knowledge with our free Washington DOL practice permit test, and feel free to sign up for our course if you don’t do as well as you’d like! Unlike the driver’s manual, Zutobi will keep you engaged in your learning and motivated to pass your permit test on your first try. Sign up for Zutobi today and be on your way to a passing score on your permit test!